Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shakespeare in My Pocket

Walking into the gym
Excitement filled my heart.
The lights kind of dim
I knew it from the start.
I was going to have fun
Not knowing what to expect.
My mind started to run
Looking at them, their faces exact.

Smiling I walked up to the circle
Finding my place between two people.
 I looked at Steve, his eyes looked purple
Then over to Mike, his nose like a steeple.
They both saw me, and smiled
My heart always jumped when they did.
Steve's strong voice spoke "We are starting mild
Just until you guys get the hang of it" he said.
The workshop ended soon
And we all went back to class.
I remember the whole weekend with them
Tears fill my eyes as I remember the good times.
Looking back I remember I kept the script with me always
Keeping it with me the whole time, like a memory locket.
I will forever remember and hope to see them again some day
And never forget the weekend with Shakespeare in my pocket.    

1 comment:

  1. You didn't know this - but I enjoyed watching your FACE during the play more than I enjoyed watching the PLAY :) Nice job.

    ReplyDelete